Residence Permit in Europe
Lithuania became a member of the European Union in 2004. Lithuania is one of the European countries, where a residence permit in Lithuania means a residence permit in one of the European countries.
Advantages of a residence permit in Lithuania (Europe) are as follows:
- A residence permit to reside in Lithuania entitles individuals to travel freely, without visas, in European countries belonging to the Schengen area;
- A residence permit grants the same rights and social benefits as citizens of Europe, with the exception of political rights;
- Holders of a residence permit are later entitled to acquire Lithuanian citizenship, to become a European citizen;
- A residence permit facilitates the procedure of obtaining visas to countries such as USA, Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, etc.
Most common grounds for obtaining a residence permit in Lithuania (Europe) are as follows:
- Business (engagement in lawful activities) in the territory of Europe - Lithuania;
- Family reunification;
- Lithuanian origin.
Price of a residence permit in Lithuania (Europe) depends on the grounds for application for a residence permit in Lithuania (Europe). It ranges from 300 to 1,100 Euro.
Time limits for a preparation of documents for a residence permit in Lithuania (Europe): up to 5 working days.
Time limits for a decision making: 2-4 months.
Place for the submission of documents: a diplomatic mission or a consular post of Lithuania abroad or a migration service in Lithuania.
If you have any questions or should you require more information or help, please contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. + 370 6 1861886. We will gladly help you.