Family Reunification in Lithuania
A residence permit in Lithuania based on family reunification can be granted when:
1. The parents or parent of a foreign person, who are citizens of Lithuania, reside in Lithuania;
2. Lithuania is home to the minor foreigner‘s parents or parent or a spouse of one of his foster parents who are Lithuanian citizens or have permit to reside in Lithuania (for no less than 2 years);
3. A foreigner’s child, who is a Lithuanian citizen, is living in Lithuania;
4. A foreigner’s child who is a refugee and lives in Lithuania with a permanent residence permit;
5. A foreigners spouse or official partner who is a Lithuanian citizen or foreigner who has a Lithuanian residence permit (for no less than 2 years);
6. A foreigner is another foreigner‘s with a residence permit, first-degree relative in the ascending line;
7. A foreigners parents live in Lithuania, who areunable to work due to the retirement age, or disability, and hold a permanent residence permit in Lithuania;
8. To family members of persons involved in the nuclear power plant project implementation.
The Application and Documents Shall be Submitted to
When submitting an application for a temporary residence permit that allows to reside in Lithuania as well as additional documents for the first time, a person needs to provide them to:
To diplomatic or consular representatives abroad if the person is abroad;
To Lithuanian Migration Department that services the territory in which the person is planning to reside if the person had legal grounds to remain in Lithuania.
Application processing time - 2 - 4 months.
If your relatives (spouse, official partner, parents, child (-ren) live in Lithuania and you want to obtain a residence permit in Lithuania we can offer you the immigration program FAMILY REUNIFICATION.
FAMILY REUNIFICATION program – deals with the immigration of a person whose family members (spouse, official partner, parents, child (-ren)) live in Lithuania.
FAMILY REUNIFICATION program includes:
legal counselling, support throughout the program, getting a residence permit in Lithuania, preparation of necessary documents, preparation of queries to the Lithuanian archives and other competent authorities, translation and notary approval of documents, representation in Lithuanian institutions, escort during the submission of documents in the Migration Department, escort during the declaration of residence and in other public and private institutions, as well as other legal services.
The cost of the program:
Residence permit* - 300 - 800 Euro per person.
* the cost of services include consultations, preparation of the document package for the temporary residence permit, escort to the Migration Department.
If you have any questions regarding the Lithuanian residence permit or should you require more information or help, please contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. + 370 6 1861886. We will gladly help you.